Sunday, July 6, 2008

There are so many good sites...

in the FrogPond! Normally, I only find one or two, but this morning, I just keep coming back here with more that I have to share. =)

Wish Upon a Hero

Wish Upon a Hero is based upont the premise that "Everyone Has a Wish... Anyone Can Be a Hero."  On this site, you can list any need or want, ranging from a simple prayer to a desperate need for assistance during a rough time in your life.  Members can then browse wishes or needs from other members, and maybe be able to become a hero...

I think this is a wonderful idea!  Everybody needs something... and here is the place to voice that need.  And on the flip side, how great is it to be able to fulfill that *one* thing that someone is looking for, big or small, just to know that you have made their wish come true?

With the absolute ups and downs of my family, I know that a place like this could make the *big* difference for someone out there.  In this day and age, there are so many people who wind up in dire straits with little or no warning... and plenty of people out there who could help if only they had the means.  Now they do - and even if ONE fewer person misses a rent payment, or can give their child the gift they have been asking for for their birthday, or even just overwhelming thoughts and prayers during a very stressful time?  Wouldn't it all be worth it?

Check it out.  See what you think.  There's never any harm in thinking of others... and who knows?  Someone out there may just become *your* hero!

3 Harmonizations:

Valerie said...

I hate Bzzagent! They never give me any campaigns since they redid their site. I used to be a top agent too. Boo on them!

Larissa said...

Aww, I wonder why? I actually get quite a few...?

Me said...

That's a great site!